Time in Kigali Rwanda

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

changing colors countdown

So.. we are still waiting for a referral here. All, or at least most, of the families who are waiting for referrals (matches) from the Rwandan government have Oct. 12th as their referral deadline. This is the date the government sent in their approval letters... when they expected to have our child chosen for us. So... if the date is true then we will get to see a picture of our forever baby girl in less than three weeks. Oh the agony of waiting. My patients has been up and down over the last year plus during this process... This week is a hard week. The leaves are changing colors here and I so wanted to take family pictures, with our WHOLE family, in the beautiful changing colors of the outdoors. I typically do this every year and was really hoping to have another face in the pictures for this year. I never imagined that we still wouldn't have her home by now. My heart is aching for word from Rwanda... a picture... a something. I realize that this is a match made in heaven so I will wait for heaven's timing.

1 comment:

Adam, Katie, Levi & Judah said...

Waiting anxiously with you!!! We can't wait for all of us to hear the good news:)