No news from Rwanda... but that doesn't mean Buster and I aren't thinking of the baby(s) all the time. More and more every day in fact. Especially when we know people who are there meeting their child for the first time... it makes the yearning that much stronger!
We are going through some difficult times in our homelife right now... someone asked me the other day if perhaps we shouldn't consider postponing the adoption. Another good... and pregnant friend phrased it well when she said that asking us to halt our process right now would be like asking her to abort her child in the third trimester. I told my husband that that was a great way to put it. I feel as though we are in our third trimester and the emotions and feelings are getting stronger as our meeting day draws closer. There are a lot of things I wouldn't mind sacrificing right now... bringing my baby(s) home is not one of them.
So... no news from Rwanda... as far as we understand our paperwork continues to sit in a pile of about six families waiting for approval (I think ours is somewhere in the middle). Our paperwork has officially been there for one month this week and we sort-of expect to wait at least another month before we get an approval to adopt via the government there... it could be longer. We continue to pray for God's Soverign plan which includes his timing and his provision for all things in our life.
Also pray for the Greers who are in Rwanda working on details to get their beautiful baby boy Myles home. They need some very important paperwork to pass so that they can travel home and prayers are most important for them!!
Until next week...